Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SHELDONism

Sheldonism.

What's with the coinage?
Sheldonism is a strong belief that Sidney Sheldon novels are riveting, captivating and a must-read. (*wink)
Sheldon was an Academy Award-winning Broadway playwright, Hollywood TV and movie screenwriter, and a best-selling novelist. At age 89, he died from complications arising from pneumonia.

He's really good. And I'm happy to know that Sheldonism is everywhere. My best buddy, some of my classmates back in high school and college, as well as my colleagues share the same fetish too.

I've kept some Sheldonism mementos but I don't have them now. Blame it to a friend suffering from selective amnesia. You know, always forgetting what it is to be returned.

Good thing a Sheldonist is nice enough to send me pdf files. Thanks Raymond.

What makes a good prolific novelist?

Sheldon confessed:
"I try to write my books so the reader can't put them down. I try to construct them so when the reader gets to the end of a chapter, he or she has to read just one more chapter. It's the technique of the old Saturday afternoon serial: leave the guy hanging on the edge of the cliff at the end of the chapter."
His best-selling novels include:


Of the 18 bestsellers, Ive read the 16. Oh yeah, I'm not a Sheldon fanatic. Not much.

Right now, I'm dying to read The Naked Face, his first novel which make him grab an Edgar Allan Poe Award. That's his only novel with a man as the lead character (I've been looking for a copy but I can't find one).

Hail the master storyteller. A toast to Sheldon. A toast to women empowering writing. He's one helluva writer - really!

Right now, I'm completing my novel collection authored by Sandra Brown, Danielle Steel and John Grisham. But I love Sheldon's work best. I'm also thankful to Lala bear for giving me a copy of Agatha Christie's "Hercule Poirot's Christmas." I love the twist.



No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!