Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Big Deal About Philandering


Philandering may seem ordinary to some. But mind you, philandering is a serious issue. Call me an unbending traditionalist. I don't care. But philandering is big deal for me.

Today, I've penned a termination notice for a philandering instructor. The notice reads:

A teacher serves as a role model for his students. He must not bring the teaching profession into public disrespect by having sexual relations with his student. Knowing for a fact that he is already married and is a teacher to the offended party, he should have not pursued his student to result in sexual congress. For his failure to live up to the exacting moral standards demanded by his profession, we have decided to give this second notice to formally end his employment today.

As the notice was read to him, I don't know what to feel . Is it triumph for serving justice? Is it rage for the disgrace he has given his students? Or is it pity for making him lose his only source of income? Not only did he lose his job, he might also lose his family's trust. What I know is I have to give a deep sigh to release the heavy feeling inside my chest. Justice must prevail, nonetheless. The verdict has to be served.

These past few months I'm going out with my friend who happen to have philandering bosses (in their early 40's). They're nice. They're generous. They're married. And philandering...(whew!)

"What's wrong with loving?," they asked in one of our jamming nights where we eat, go places, play billiards, and experiment on drinks.

"There's none," I replied.

So they continued: "Therefore, there's nothing wrong with loving and having relationship with lots of women," they quipped.

"Know what, there's nothing wrong with loving. It becomes wrong when we do overt acts that are wrong," I retorted. "Love is a feeling. And we can't control it. But we can control the acts that go with it. We have a strong sense of what's right and what's not so why would we go for the wrong acts? Sometimes we mistake love for infatuation or even lust."

"But we are just loving," one insisted.

"Do you think that's love?," I asked back. "You are putting the other person to shame and open to cruel whipping of the law. She might be charged with adultery. For all you know, you are making her life miserable. And you are calling it love?"

"Do you want your kids to experience that love you're talking about?," I continued. "Sure you don't because you love them. Now, that's real love. You think first of their good before you think of selfish greed. Because love is never selfish. The love that you know is selfish. It's not even love. They are oxymoron."

I added: "You think if your wife philander you would be happy to say hey, my wife is philandering. So cool, dude!"

They were silent for some time. And the moment they regained their sense of expression they said, "We wish that you'd fall for a married man."

Well, that's something to look forward to. (laughs)

In the future, if I found out that my husband is philandering, I don't know what I'm capable of doing. I think it will scare the hell out of me. It will unravel the wrath he never had a chance to know. (laughs)

It is worth reiterating that there is no dichotomy of morality.

Get it mr. chauvinist pig? lolz.

No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!