Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life Is Short

September 27, 2008, Saturday. A date to remember.

My body clock woke me up before 7 in the morning. It’s a gloomy day. But it’s not just the day. It’s also gloomy inside of me. Why? Today is his funeral…

I knew him for years now. Before we met, I already know so much about him. Those things made me interested in meeting him in person. So we met…

The first time I saw him, I knew he’s adorable and nice (he’s Mr. Happychondria – happy all the time). There was an instant spark. Chemistry is evident. And we can’t deny it. Feeling comfortable in each other’s company, we meet again. And again. And over and over again. Until the time came when we’re separated by distance and circumstance.

Now it’s not just miles and controllable matters that separate us. It’s death. And it’s beyond my control.

Life is short.” I read it a hundred times. I heard it more than that. But it is only now that I feel it down my core. He died at 25. He planned to do many things in the future. Those plans will remain dormant because he is no longer around to execute them.

God gave us life thus, only He can take it. Our Creator called him. He went ahead. Sad thing I was left. Now that he’s gone, I can’t help but miss the words he say, the things we do, the games we play, the places we go to, and the dreams we build. It’s over. Is it really over?

Adieu
by cOn

Who will wipe my clouds when they’re gray?
Who will lead me home when I’m astray?
Who will hold me tight when I need cuddling?
Who will stop my tears from falling?
Who will make me laugh when I’m in despair?
Who will show me how to care?

I had no idea you’ll be gone.
I had no idea you’ll die young.
I could’ve tried making you stay.
I could’ve kept your warmth as you lay.

With whom shall I share my love?
With whom shall I share my life?

I’m holding back my tears.
I’m fighting all the fears.
Now that I can't hold you,
Now that it's futile to fight for you,
There’s one thing left to say...
A-d-i-e-u.






No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!