Thursday, September 18, 2008

Death Doesn't Bargain

Your ex is dead.

Just as simple as that. And I thought it was just one of my friend's ill-mannered sms jokes.

Unfortunately, it wasn't.

Another sms arrived. It contained the details of his death. Acute Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas, a digestive gland in the abdominal cavity. Symptoms may include abdominal pain, nausea, constipation, and jaundice) - the cruel culprit. I'm sure my mind, upon reading the message, can't accept the glaring fact that just happened. I was in a state of denial. I chose to dwell in that state for quite some time.

The fact won't sink in. I know it was true. But I can't accept it...just yet. Truth be told, I'm not good at losses. I mean, I can lose material things (which rarely happens) and dismiss the thought with a shrug. But losing people is a different thing especially if it means you will no longer see them for the rest of your life. I can afford to lose material things because I can replace them. But I can't replace people. I can't replace lives.

We separated in a good way - not so good though. But we've patched things up. Few months back, we were good. We hang out with his friends and homeboys. We played together. We enjoyed each other's company. I don't have the slightest idea it will be the last.

It was a total shock. It was a solid blow. Up to this very moment, I refuse to believe he's gone - physically.

I can still feel him. I am still thinking of him. And his memories will forever linger in my mind and in my heart. But I just want to tell him that I appreciate everything that he's done me. I love how he loved me and I will miss him dearly.

Thank you for sharing your life with me. Thank you for the gift of you. May God bless you in your journey.

One day we will meet and the Author of Life will lead us where we belong. Somewhere eternal. Somewhere where there is no end.

True. There is LIFE in DEATH.

No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!