Friday, September 4, 2009

This Is It

It's my birthday. But it's just another ordinary day with the extraordinary pressure of the upcoming Bar. Who would be taking this year's bar exam? So easy to tell. Look at the papers. The names are all over the spreadsheet.

Early this morning after I attended the mass here at the dorm to give thanks for another year of life, I was not as anxious as I was after I read today's papers. Sure, if it's already my birthday, it means it would just be 2 days before the big day. So I think this is it. No turning back. Just breathe in. Breath out. Whew!

Before the filing of our petition, the Bar Confidant said approximately 7,000 barristers are expected to take the exam. And one problem that may arise is the venue. La Salle cannot accommodate 7,000 barristers. And the remedy would be to hold the exam at the Mall of Asia (MOA). Holy smoke! MOA???!!! No way!

Good thing there's a decline of barristers. Some say the reason for the decline is our Chairman Justice Antonio Eduardo Nachura. They said he is very strict and meticulous. In our review class, every time we ask if the justice is nice, they would just say - He might have changed. He is old. He also belongs to the academe. This fact sends us creeps as regards the chosen examiners. They could also be from the academe. They could also be the cream of the crop. And that means disaster.

We are 6,080. A bit lesser than last year's number. And only 1/3 of it or perhaps lesser is expected to pass. I will just keep my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!