Monday, September 21, 2009

Lost in the Bar

Just one word to describe the third Sunday. I was...

>>>Lost<<<

I was lost in mercantile law. The subject may be as broad as civil law. But it is in mercantile that I was led astray. I forgot my jacket in my room and I have no time to go back to the 29th floor to get it. By the time I got hold of it, the gates of La Salle would be closed. So that made me lost and chilling all throughout the exam in room 401.

Mercantile

Denicola Test. Never heard it before. Howey Test. Another alien term. Those were the problems that made me decide to transfer to part II with the hope that questions there would be a bit easier. Unfortunately, my eyes were glued to the the last page of the questionnaire which asks for a discussion of margin trading rule. Just how sadistic examiners could be. I could bear it no more.

Our professors in the review class told us that if we do good in the 3 fundamental subjects of mercantile - corporation law, insurance, and negotiable instruments law, we will surely pass the subject. The reason is that most questions are taken from those laws. That fact was based on previous bar exams. Too bad many questions were taken from Securities Regulation Code (SRC) and other special laws. Truth be told, I did not study much in SRC. In fact, I only zeroed in on transfer jurisdiction of SEC to regular courts. The good justice Antonio Eduardo Nachura could be making a new trend and I'm afraid it will be at our expense.

Crim

Compared to mercantile, criminal law (crim) is fair but just as long as the rest of the subjects. The chain of custody and the criminal liability of each party to the case are few of the questions that require lengthy answers. But I liked crim better.

No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!