Monday, September 14, 2009

A Taxing Bar

Second Sunday's over. But I am still here feeling down.

What went wrong?

>>>Sleepless<<<

I reviewed until midnight the night before the exam. But when my roommate woke up at 2 am, I did not know that lights would wake me as well. So I was basically sleepless on the day of the exam. With just 2 hours of sleep, I felt I was floating. And my head was terribly aching. But I have to take the exam no matter what I am feeling that day. So I proceeded to room 403.

Civil

Based on my self-assessment, I'm ready for the Civil Law exam. Of all the subjects in the Bar, I think Civil is where I am strongest. But when I read the problems, conflicting answers flashed in my mind. At that moment, I no longer know how to harmonize them. I was confused with the prevailing doctrines and all I could do is just make a stand. Whether it was a yes or a no, I have to make a stand and support it. Regret will come later. It was at this point when I felt all hope is gone. But I finished the exam at 11:45 am to reserve energy for my weakest subject - taxation.

Tax

In the afternoon, I felt the effect of my lack of sleep. In fact, I took a nap in the classroom before the exam. I also took a nap at the beginning of the exam. Good thing I did not wake up at 5 pm or else I will be offering a clean and empty booklet. It was maybe because of this that I got a 'well behave and good luck to you' remark on my permit. The watchers may be unaware of my slumber and they construed it as part of my contemplation. I did not know how I answered tax. All I know is the heavy feeling in my eyelids; they are drooping.

While in the hotel with my fellow barristers, I realized that tax was more tolerable than civil. Tax is hard for me. Matter of fact, it is first on the list of subjects that could give me a disqualification grade (DQ). But how come I fared horrible in civil more than tax? It was the opposite of what I expected.

Fifty percent of the battle is fought and I am losing positivism. My hope is turning to despair. My chance is going to the negative. I gave myself 50% in civil and 50% in tax - my worst performance. But I am still hoping I won't get a DQ. Last night after the exam, I called my parents to tell them how I fared. I told them I might not pass this Bar. So sad.






No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!