Friday, October 10, 2008

How Do You Know She's The One?

I have read this article about how a man decides that his girl is the right person to spend his whole life with. What made them say "I do" ?

For me the best answer was...

Stand by your man

"Three years ago, to my surprise and dismay, I was abruptly fired from my job. It couldn't have come at a worse time: I had just bought a home and was worried about paying the mortgage. When I told my girlfriend, she told me not to worry and that 'we' would get through this together. It was at that moment that I knew I would never find anyone better. She could have left, knowing it would be hard for me to get another job, but she stayed, and I knew we had what it takes to make a marriage work." -- Chris Watts, 28, Windsor, CT.

I do believe in the sanctity of marriage. But the saddening fact is - most people don't.

My friends ask me why at 26, I don't think of settling down. Well, marrying is easy. But staying in the marriage is another story. I've seen strong people fell into temptation. I've heard confessions about infidelity. I've seen lovers fall apart. I've seen remorse in their eyes. I sensed regrets. Sigh. It's so scary to know you married the wrong person.

Marriage is a sacred vow. It's a bond of two souls. You take your spouse to have and to hold from that day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death do you part. How many couples you know stand by this vow? Only few. I suppose.

At the back of my head, questions are fleeting. Come bumpy rides, trials and pandemonium. Will he stay by my side to fight hand in hand? What if I was struck by a dreadful disease, will he take care of me? Can we remain faithful to each other? Can we make it through thick and thin?

If those questions are thrown back to me, I'd answer in the affirmative. I'll stay with him no matter what happens. Love is the reason why I'll marry. It is also the very reason why I'll stay. But what if he forgets about the vow? That spells trouble.

Honestly, I'm happy to see couples growing old together and keeping the love as they age. I hope I can do the same. But I can't do it alone. I need this one person. One true person to share everything with - the ups, the downs, and the usual.

No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!