Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Pig Depopulation In Bulacan

Just when I thought everything was under control, I was wrong. Just a number of days from the day I learned that Philippines is ebola-reston-free, another news about the worsening outbreak shocked me. The media reported that 2 individuals were positive for the ebola-reston antibodies. To make the long story short, here comes the culling of 16,000 hogs which necessitates P16-17 million budget. Holy smoke!

Another downside is the closure of the affected piggeries in Pandi, Bulacan. So a good number of piggeries will add up the burgeoning individuals deemed laid off. And we are just consoled by the fact that the virus is now under control (in the truest sense of the word).

I really hope the crisis will end soon.





No comments:

Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks! Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!
Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!